If you live in or around the Colorado Springs area, you will probably be aware of the wide range of medical services that are provided there. You have a regular doctor so why would you need dermatology from Colorado Springs? Here are some of the big reasons you might want to consider seeing a specialist in dermatology.
- Chronic acne-The heartbreak that is the skin condition known as acne affects more than 96 percent of those in their teenage years and continues for many to be adult. It appears most frequently on the face and neck but also affects the back and chest. Acne is mild for most people and goes away in the early 20s, but if your acne is aggressive or chronic you definitely want to get treatment from a licensed dermatologist.Link West Dermatology San Luis Obispo
- Varicose veins -These blue, spiny spider webs that affect your legs, arms and body look awful but can also become painful. They become itchy but they may become ulcerated by scratching. A specialized dermatologist can offer a variety of treatments, both operational and non-surgical.
- A suspicious mole -Have you noticed a mole that has grown larger than a pencil eraser, or has the shape or color changed? Panic is not needed, but a sudden mutation in a mole could be an early indication of a cancerous growth. A dermatologist can offer reassurance and treatment.
- Occurring or lingering rash frequently -Dermatitis occurs in us all from time to time, but if you get a rash that won’t go away, or just keep coming back, you may be chronically ill. Untreated rash can cause pain and health problems.
- Eczema -a chronic skin disorder that shows up with scaly, itchy skin. You can tell it through dry leathery or raw skin areas, very itchy skin, crusting blisters and redness and inflammation. A skilled dermatologist has available a variety of treatments for chronic eczema which can help you manage this annoying and painful condition.
- Cosmetic procedures -Specialized dermatologists can perform a variety of cosmetic procedures, such as removing scars or birthmarks, skin lesions, mole or even tattoos. There are times in life when you want to improve your appearance and a dermatologist can help you to attain this.
These are just some of the procedures a dermatologist can help you with. Check online or with your regular doctor to find a practitioner of Colorado Springs dermatology.