Both you and your office staff are always busy at work when you’re a small or solo law practice. Although much of the job is important to the profession, there are steps that can be taken to improve efficiency by incorporating certain basic operational adjustments and procedures that are most much performed unintentionally prematurely. Check Gould Injury Law.
Here are six easy ideas worth your time and thought:
1) Automate the on-boarding process-When considering taking up a case, in particular on contingency fees, you would like to know as much as possible about the complaint, the circumstances, the injuries and medical treatment received and, where possible, the defendant. It sometimes takes the shape of an in-person chat, if not a simple phone call.
2) Application for Medical Records-This may be a nightmare and an unnecessary assignment to otherwise billable personnel. Most attorneys may not properly monitor the period taken preparing the submission, collecting clients’ signatures, transferring it to the associate or paralegal of the firm, and then sending the correct documentation. For example, a healthcare provider may decline an application for records based on treatment to date as additional treatments are required and complete, and the provider may decline the authorization for release forms signed months earlier as outdated. So, a good decision is to have requests made as close as possible to a health care provider completing the treatment.
3) Tracking Medical Record Requests — A PI complainant may see several healthcare providers, each generating separate bills and treatment records. In some cases , clients report visiting the wrong hospital, doctor or pharmacy and time is spent chasing a record that does not actually exist. Even if the right provider is identified, it can take a tremendous amount of aggregate time to request, track, exchange state required forms for record release, and collect the data. An outsourced medical record retrieval company, known to perform all the above research, will provide a cheaper cost than in-house services to do it via a database licensed by HIPAA electronically, authenticated. Fees vary from one record retrieval company to another, but there are reliable choices, and avoid the labyrinth of requesting, tracking, collecting and delivering the necessary medical records to litigate the matter.
4) Cloud-based application management and data storage practices-this is a fact. Although many small and solo legal practices may resist, the fact is that the best choice nowadays is to eliminate on-site servers and associated support. Cloud-based solutions reduce maintenance and support costs , eliminate downtime due to neglected software updates, and securely access firm data and client information from any location, as well as popular portable devices such as smartphones and tablets. There are specific IT service providers in the industry / practice that make this transition from in-office also known as on-premises computer systems easy and cost-effective. Even a company that has limited programs for MS Office and Time and Billing tools will benefit from this change. It eliminates paper handling and management, and often allows the use of familiar, existing software. By offering frequent and reliable copies, it decreases the likelihood of incident data loss, and rapid recovery in the case of a natural or man-made catastrophe.
5) Clinical report review-Medical report overview services outsourced help you track each case in the most effective and least intrusive manner. This process works by using organized, summarized and hyperlinked summaries, in order to evaluate the case much more quickly with improved accuracy. Whether you choose to suit the model, or build a new one, the best vendors are trying to limit the emphasis on the customer, not the procedure.
6) Outsourcing Medical Records Bonus-You receive a “hard” invoice attributable to the matter when using an outsourced Medical Record Retrieval service. Both storage, storage, monitoring and distribution expenses are recorded and payments are clarified. That is a popular way of paying customers to meet through with a number of health care services during the tenure of associates and paralegals. There is no need to send an invoice to the consumer that they will challenge for the time invested on “downloading medical information.”