The scent of freshly made cake is actually something wickedly tasty. It only tempts us to get a taste. Many bakery recipes need loads of butter and eggs, especially sponge cake that has at least 6 eggs as its basic ingredient.Do you want to learn more? Visit Emicakes is in Singapore
My husband has recently been diagnosed with elevated cholesterol and has been told to watch his diet that involved avoiding butter and eggs. So I started my search for a perfect cake recipe that didn’t need eggs or butter either. I stumbled across a formula with a few changes here and there after a range of unsuccessful attempts and I had my dream eggless chocolate sponge cake recipe. This is where I will share this recipe with you.
Every use 1 cup or 100 grams of flour
1/2 cup or 56 grams of cocoa powder
Yogurt 1 cup or 250 ml (Room temperature required)
3/4 cup or 165 grams of caster sugar
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
1 & 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup or 125 ml vegetable oil
1 Teaspoon full of vanilla essence
- Oven preheat at 200 degrees C.
- Bake pan and line 9 inches grease with butter paper, then hold aside.
- Beat yogurt and caster sugar until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Connect the bicarbonate soda and baking powder then mix properly. Now let it stay aside for 10-15 minutes. Sieve all-purpose flour and cocoa powder in a bowl throughout this period and leave it aside.
- You can see the start of bubbles, then add cooking oil and vanilla essence at this stage. Now mix well.
- Slowly apply to the liquid products chocolate powder and all-purpose flour. Blend together to ensure sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the grated baking pan and put in the oven. Let it bake for 10 minutes, at 200 degrees C.
- Drop the temperature down to 180 degrees C after 10 minutes and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes so make sure it is completely baked by putting a skewer in the center of the cake before getting it out of the oven. The skewer emerges free.
- 10. To have a perfect golden shine on your cake, spray it with a Tbsp of milk or a very tiny quantity of egg 10 minutes before you have to pull the cake out of the oven. (I used milk and it shined beautifully golden)
- 11. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before you invert it on a platter and cut the paper from the sugar.
- 12. Your cake can be covered with ready-made icing and enjoyed with tea or coffee.